There are many attributes that make an Online Casino safe for Aussies to use. Most of these we have covered in detail under our ‘Safety Checklist’ section below. It is a great resource if you choose to play at a casino that is not an option on AUScasinos.com. However, to save you time and money and to put your mind at ease, you can be assured that the safest online casinos in Australia are on this site. We perhaps haven’t covered all of them, but that’s because we haven’t yet had a chance to take them through our 10 point safety check.
Our 10 Point safety check before a site gets approval from AUSCasino.com
- Site ownership (public or private)
- Is the site Licensed and regulated?
- Who provides the casino software?
- Is the Casino Audited?
- Access to the “Return to Player” percentage reports?
- How often is their Random number generator tested?
- Casino Terms and Conditions.
- Banking options.
- Banking deposits and withdrawal policies.
- Efficiency of their Customer service department.
Play your Favorite Online Slot Machine at these Rated Casinos
- $1000 Free split over 3 deposits
- Progressives Slots, Blackjack, Roulette, Video Poker and more
- Established in 2001 and eCogra certified
- Secure banking and fast withdrawal times
- Claim $1600 Free over 2 deposit match bonuses
- Play Australia's favourite casino brand on Mobile, Desktop or Browser
- Many deposit options incl; Visa, POLi, Neteller, Ukash
- Super Fast cash outs and 24 hour customer service
Safety Checklist for identifying Reputable Online Casinos
There are numerous cues available for a user to judge whether the online casino that he/she is opting for is safe or not. Some of them would be discussed in the following points:
- Handsome payout percentages and attractive bonuses – Reputable and safe online casinos always offer handsome payout percentages. The bonuses that they offer to their players are quite attractive. So, it is always recommended to look for casinos that are well established and have a good reputation in the market. Opting for lesser known or unknown online casino will always be risky.
- Security checklist – Always look for casinos which offer a digital Encryption facility. Reputable online casinos always offer Encryption technology for their transactions. As a matter of fact, they always use protocols like HTTPS, TLS, SSL, etc. This enables them to protect the confidential and personal information of their players in a secured manner.
- Certification from a well-known regulator – Never select a casino operator who does not have a valid certification from a reputed regulator. The unregulated casinos are extremely risky. So, it is always advisable to look for some Australian online casino operator who has the certification from a regulator like e-Cogra or the Malta Gaming Authority (MGA). They should always provide the assurance of the fairness of their games. So, they should also hold the certification of their games being periodically audited by a reputed auditing firm like TST.
- Recognised banking procedures – Another important checkpoint for an online casino to be genuine is their banking procedure. You can always expect a reputed Australian casino provider to offer the following facilities in terms of their banking process:
- They should always accept debit and credit cards which are issued by payment gateways like MasterCard, Visa etc. These offer the fastest means of withdrawing and depositing cash in AUD.
- Online bank account transfers – There should be facilities for transferring money to and from your gambling account and banking account.
- Reputable online casinos of Australia always offer the facility of e-cheques. This method of payment is faster than conventional cheques.
- The reputed online Australian casinos offer the facilities of POLi. POLi is an Australian based online payment system. These services are offered absolutely free of charge.
- Online casinos of Australia with good reputation offer the facilities of e-wallets. These facilities play the role of an intermediary between the casinos and the players. In e-wallets, the involved parties deposit money and utilise them when it is required. This is an excellent facility for accepting and paying cash in AUD. NETeller and Skrill are some of the renowned e-Wallets service providers.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are Online Casinos Rigged?
A very common question which comes to mind of existing and new players of online casinos is whether the game is rigged or not. The casino operators who are certified by regulators like e-Cogra do not offer fixed games. Again, the games of these reputable casino operators are periodically audited by reputed auditing firms like TST. So, it is unlikely (even impossible) to get rigged games from reputed casino operators. Unfortunately, no such assurance can be provided for the unlicensed or unregulated casinos.
What Makes an Online Casino Legitimate?
The casinos of Australia which offer best opportunities of earning money with complete fairness are considered to be the legit casinos. These casinos offer the best features of games, exciting bonuses, best facilities in terms of banking services etc. They accept players from all parts of Australia. Most importantly these casinos are regulated by an autonomous body which in turn are audited by an auditing firm.
What to Avoid?
While playing online casinos always keep in mind the three things mentioned below:
- If you are concerned about the safety of your money then never put it with newly established casino operators.
- Do not select an online operator who does not have any license or who is not regulated by an authority.
- Never get trapped or enticed with highly volatile gaming odds. You may lose your money in this process.
Regulatory Authorities in Australia
Regulatory bodies are put in place to oversee the fair practices of online casino operators. In Australia the act of Interactive gambling is prevalent and all the operators abide by this law.